Sunday, February 27, 2011

Mobile Learning


There were so many interesting articles and resources that starting me thinking and brainstorming ways to implement mobile technology into my classroom.

My ultimate goal is to incorporate cell phones into my classroom. Even though they are not allowed in class at my school, students always keep them in their pockets. I want to use this resource in a productive way instead of constantly having to confiscate them. The only challenge would be getting the administration to allow the use of this tool since the school rules say they are not allowed in class.

I-pods are another technology I would like to use with my classes. The only issue is that we do not have access to any at my school. I have one of my own and I know that some of my students have them as well and I was thinking that if students could download some of the free math apps they could use them when they were finished with their assignments. Students could also listen to relative math podcasts.

Many students already use a USB device for school assignments to transfer assignments from their i-drive at school to their house to complete the assignment. I would like to use this tool for students to turn in assignments. We do not have colored printers for students to access at school and with this device students could turn in their assignments without settling for a black and white copy. The only potential risk of using a USB to turn in assignments is the potential that it could get broken or lost and students’ work would be lost as well.

All new technologies have their challenges and drawbacks, but I firmly believe that the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages.

No comments:

Post a Comment